Frustrated with the poor cable TV services and not getting your desired channels?
Spectrum TV app may be a smart solution for your problem. Before we get into the details of the Spectrum TV app, let’s introduce it with a brief overview.
So, what is Spectrum TV? Many answers are available to this question on the internet. In short, as the name itself suggests, Spectrum TV is a TV application wherein you can watch all your favorite shows and movies. Yes, all this is possible without getting a cable connection. So, watch live TV channels in your own free time and from anywhere in the world. All this and much more without paying any extra charges.
Features Of Spectrum TV App
- Lots of On-Demand Movies and TV shows can be watched utilizing the Spectrum TV app. About 250 live channels and shows are streamed in excellent quality. The contents are regularly updated as well.
- You can schedule your DVR recordings based on your preferences. The DVR settings can be modified &deleted quickly.
- The Spectrum TV app comes with a friendly user interface, thereby making navigation easier.
- Spectrum TV app can be watched on multiple devices.
- There is an option of a parental lock so that some channels can be blocked.
Reading about the wonderful features of the Spectrum TV app is sure to pique your interest. So, the next immediate question that pops up in mind is how to download and install the Spectrum TV app on Firestick?
Since Firestick has got its restrictions, you need to prepare it first by jailbreaking it. If there is an option, select the option ‘Enable apps from unknown sources“. This can be done by going to the Settings option on your Firestick. From there, go to Device and then Developer options. Herein by default, it is kept on ‘off.’ So, turn it ‘On’ by clicking on it. Since the Spectrum TV app is not available officially on Amazon in many locations, you need to install it using third parties.
Some prerequisites to keep in mind before downloading the spectrum TV app on Firestick are:
Use a VPN for Firestick
Some of the apps have copyrighted contents, and so downloading it may be risky. The danger of your IP address being tracked or even your privacy and security may be compromised. So, to avoid such situations and to avoid geographic restrictions, it is better to use a VPN service such as Express VPN. This will enable fast streaming and provide a measure of protection.
Method 1: Install Spectrum Tv App on FireStick
The Spectrum TV app on Firestick can be sideloaded using the ‘Downloader’ app. It would help if you first download the ‘Downloader’ app onto your Firestick device. The steps to follow are:
- Open the Amazon app store from your Firestick’s home screen.
- Search for the ‘Downloader’ app and click on ‘Download.’ Within a span off few minutes, the app will be installed and ready.
Once this app is installed, then follow these steps:
- Open the Downloader app
- Type in https://bit.ly/39Pdhp6 and then click on the ‘Go’ button.
- Within a matter of few seconds, the app will start to download, and you need to click on the ‘Install’ button. After the installation is complete, please click on the ‘Done’ button instead of ‘open.’
- Doing the above action will take you back to the Downloader app, and herein, you need to press the ‘Delete’ button. This action will only remove the app backup from your Device, whereas the original spectrum TV app will be installed.
Method 2: Spectrum Tv App on Firestick
Sometimes the Downloader app will not be available in your location due to geographic restrictions. In that case, there is another way to Install the Spectrum TV app on Firestick, that is by using ES file Explorer. Sometimes while using the Downloader app, some issues may arise, and the files may be corrupted. In such cases, it better to use the ES file Explorer. The steps to follow are:
- From the Amazon app store, get the ES File Explorer and download it.
- Launch ES File Explorer
- From the Home Screen, select ‘Downloader.’
- Type in https://bit.ly/39Pdhp6 in the URL section and click on ‘OK.’
- The app will start downloading automatically. Once it finishes, click on ‘Open’ and then select the option ‘Install Spectrum’ button.
- Enter your registration details and sign in. Now go ahead and watch all your favorite TV shows and movies on your Firestick.
Spectrum TV app is a great application to be used on Firestick. It allows for filtering wherein you can filter TV shows by category, program titles, network names, etc. Firestick even has the provision to create a personalized guide for favorite channels. Sometimes while downloading & installing the Spectrum TV app on Firestick, there might be some issues relating to navigation and so on. But not to worry. This issue can be sorted out by using the mouse toggle on the Firestick. If you have a Bluetooth compatible keyboard, it will pair very well with the Firestick. So, enjoy the Spectrum TV app on your Firestick and blow away all your quarantine & isolation blues.