Setting up a printer can be a tough task for those who are a new buyer. People usually hire some expert to do it as they have no experience of doing the job before. But, clearly speaking, it is not that much tough as you think. You only need to stay tuned with the post and we will guide you with all the IJ Start Canon Setup procedures. You don’t even need to read the manual book for completing your Canon Printer Setup. You only need to download some Canon Printer Driver and do some procedure to connect the printer with your device.
There are two ways to set up the Canon Printer:-
- With CD Drive.
- Without CD Drive
1. CD Drive method – Setup guide
This method includes the installation procedure that works with the CD Rom that comes with the Canon printer.
Follow the below Canon Printer Setup guide if you have printer CD Drive with you:-
- Bring out the CD from the printer box and insert it inside your PC or laptops.
- Now import all the drivers from the CD and install it on your PC. The drivers are necessary for establishing a connection between the PC and the printer.
- If you are installing the Canon printer driver for the first time, it will ask for some personal details like name and location. Fill it and click on ‘Next’ for completing the installation of the Canon Printer Driver.
- Start your canon printer by powering it with an electrical supply. Now long press on the wifi button on the printer to ‘Turn it on.’ The logo of WiFi will turn green.
- Now go to the PC where you have installed the Canon Printer Setup drivers. Note that installing the driver will create an icon in desktop naming with the Canon printer.
- Open the Canon printer driver and click on the ‘search printer’ to start searching for the nearby printer available near your PC. It gives two options for establishing a connection. The first option is via USB, and the second is a WIRELESS connection. Make sure to choose the wireless connection to find your printing device.
- It will take some time to search for your printer. After completing the search, an option will be displayed below the screen showing the printer’s name. For the first time it will display the model number of your printer. You can rename the Printer by going to the setting.
- Click on the shown printer name and press enter to connect it. Your printer is now ready to use. Take a print out to check if it is working or not.
2. Set up guide without CD Drive:-
This method is a little complicated, and you need to manually download the Canon Drivers from their official website and install it to your Pc for establishing a connection. You will need an internet connection to install the Canon drivers on your PC.
Follow the below steps to do it:-
- Go to the official website of Canon printer.
- After landing to the homepage search for the drivers option available on the website. It is usually present on the menu options on the top of the screen.
- You need to know the details of your PC’s operating system and the device model of your printer to download the correct canon driver on your PC.
- Select the operating system of your PC from the list. If you are not aware of the OS of your PC, then go to the settings options and find all the details about the operating system.
- After confirming the OS, Now find the device model of your Canon printer. The device model is usually written on the backside of the printer. Note down the model number of the printer and select the same on the website. You will find an option to download the drivers after you choose both options.
- Click on the download button to download the accurate Canon Printer Driver on your PC. After it gets downloaded, install the software on your PC.
- The software looks precisely the same as the CD Rom drivers and doesn’t need additional details.
- Open the driver and fill necessary information like location, Printer Model number, etc. to complete the app’s settings.
- Now click on the ‘Find Device’ option and select the ‘Wireless device’ option to establish a connection between your printer.
- After it gets connected, take a demo print out to check if it is working or not.
The IJ Start Canon Setup procedure is not much complex, like other printers. It has an easy interface that doesn’t let anyone feel like doing a tough task. Anyone who knows how to turn on wifi can do the Canon Printer Setup with only a few clicks. Both of the above set up doesn’t need any internet connection for printing out pages. The rest settings like changing brightness, opacity are available on the printer.